Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Already There

I feel like I have been walking in a fog the past two weeks. So much going on in my heart and mind. Trials and Tribulations from almost every single corner of my life and I am mentally exhuasted from it all. My human heart wants to go all "fire and brimstone" on the world.. But my "Jesus heart" tells me Matthew 5:44 " But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you". Easier said than done, huh, when you feel as though you have done your part to mend. James very specifically says "Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,[a] whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."
I love that verse. It has been helpful in a variety of troubles in my Christian life. I love Jesus so much and I am so thankful to know that He is already standing at the end of my life looking back saying, ''hey! Yeah, this week, this month, maybe even this year you'll have trouble and heartbreak. But, remember, I am already at the end of this- and you're going to get through this with me!"
In my time of need, I came across a video devotional about this very topic! And listened to this quote from Mark Lowery:
 "Has it ever occurred to you that nothing has ever occurred to God?"
Simple as that. He knows everything about everything and he has ALWAYS known everything about everything.
HE is my joy.

1 comment: