Tuesday, January 31, 2012

"oh, soweeee"

As Molli sat on her little Elmo potty and fiddled around, I grew impatient with her for playing with the toilet lid. I repeatedly told her to quit messing with it until I finally raised my voice at her and said "Molli, stop it."
Her heart was broken.
As she cried and told me how sad she was, she said, "I sowee" (I'm sorry)
My heart melts every time I hear those little words- whether she is crying them or not! My heart instantly forgives her.
These are the things that went through my mind as I hugged her on that little Elmo potty and then I thought to myself, "wow. I wonder if that is how the Lord is with his disobedient children that He loves so much. Does His heart melt when his babies surrender to him and say they're sorry?" I bet so.

No comments:

Post a Comment