Monday, January 9, 2012

Renewal.

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
Romans 12:2


So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day.
2 Corinthians 4:16


There are a lot of feelings, scriptures, etc. that I have been considering blogging for the past several days but couldn't put all of them together to make sense to anyone but myself (ha!). As I sat down at my laptop tonight the word "Renewal" hit me.. and then it all made sense (somewhat!) 


This year, all 9 days of it, I have completely restructured my days and nights. I have read my Bible more, spent time in prayer more, and cut out t.v. all together so I could do so (and WOW what a difference that has made!)
My heart has been a little torn here lately between my love for photography and my family. So, yeah, I've kinda cut that out too. I have really been feeling in my heart that, for now, my focus needs to be on my relationship with God and my family. I will still do some on the side, when someone wants me to do their pictures, but I am not advertising heavily anymore.
How am I supposed to be a Titus 2 wife when I am vegged out in front of the t.v. or the computer?? How is my daughter supposed to learn her numbers,letters,shapes, and colors before she is 3 when I am always putting my focus on something else?
At first, my heart was troubled about all of that (Because I was being selfish). But the more that I let it go and turned it over to God, the less it troubled me. I feel as though a fire has been lit in my heart  again! I am so eager to learn, to listen, to love, and to obey everything God word says! I have been reading a lot of blogs here lately, too, and realizing that I am not the only mom out there that feels like she fails miserably often! haha! Thanks be to God for his abundant love and mercy! Amen?!


So this week, I have started Molli on this 26 week preparatory curriculum for toddlers and preschoolers to teach her the basics (ABCs, 123s, colors, shapes, animals). And I am super excited about that- so many awesome ideas going in and out of my head all day! Maybe that's why God had me work with 2 and 3 year olds at daycares for almost 3 years, huh?  
And I have enrolled myself in an online 9 month Bible study course- Titus 2 University along with my personal goal of finishing the entire Bible by my birthday in two weeks! (I'm in Jeremiah! :-) )
New year.
New priorities.
New focus.
New-found faith in God that He will, in fact, make a way for my family!


Blessings to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment