Friday, January 13, 2012

The Beauty of Raising a Daughter

Molli. 

Simply adorable, little,  "Baby Molli". It is so hard to believe that she is going to be 3 years old in a few short months! I am so overwhelming blessed by knowing the Lord and discovering through prayer, friends, scripture, and books what it really means to mother a child.. especially a daughter. I have no experience with sons, but maybe in the Lords time- I will. I DO have a little girl who will someday grow up to be a mother and (through the Grace of God) she will be a good one from learning from me. My job is to nurture her heart and to be a godly example that she can look up to and learn from. Only problem is, I'm not that great! haha! However, through constantly seeking the Lord and purposely sewing seeds into her heart- we can make this work! I trust in the Lord that He will make a way for my family as long as we stay faithful to Him. 
She is such a special little ball of blessing to me. Every morning, this week, I have woken up to her clinging to my head, smiling at me, and sweetly cooing, "Mamaaa". She does this so I will wrap her in my arms and pray with her. And today, while I was loading the dishwasher, she crawls over to where I am and starts trying to help me. I watch her play with her "babies" and she holds and rocks them like a mother would. I guess the point that I am trying to make is that I have been starting to notice how helpful, nurturing, and "motherly" she has become. I had a conversation with my mother earlier this week about being able to see how children are raised through the way they act. I pray that my investment in my daughter's heart continue to grow her into a beautiful, Godly young woman and eventually a wonderful mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment