Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Here I am!!

I woke up this morning to Beth Moore preaching on my tv. And she was talking about the time she traveled to Angola with her husband and their stay at a very third world looking motel. She talked about her journey down the winding stairs to the bathroom near the lobby that had people in it who did not speak English. While she was in the bathroom, a blackout occurred. She was terrified. She slowly made her way out into the lobby where it was also pitch black and all she could hear were whispers in another language. She was now shaking with fear. Then, she heard a man's heavy footsteps drawing near to her and all she could do was politely whimper, "here I am! I'm just right over here!!". Much to her surprise, it was her husband coming to save her. She held her hands out crying, "I'm right here!! Get me!!" and he rescued her.
How awesome is God to rescue us when we are standing in pitch darkness, reaching out for Him! He is so faithful. His love endures forever!
The very same God that sees my heart and knows my words before they're even on my tongue.. Yet, he still loves me! Satan is not going to steal my joy! He comes to steal, kill, and destroy. Jesus comes to give life! Folks, there is peace in his presence and I crave it!
Blessings to you all on this beautiful day that He has made!

2 comments: