Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Three Steps.

A year or so ago, I did an online James study led by Mark Hall from Casting Crowns. It was such an awesome study that put a lot of things into perspective for me and to this day- I still dwell on it!
I have had a lot on my heart lately concerning people and their views on Christianity. I am currently reading 3 books (yes, at once!) and each are very straight forward and are just what I need. I am tired of watered down, sugar coated, I'm okay-you're okay-we're all okay books and sayings. In my intentional, desperate pursuit of Jesus, a part of a video from the James study came into my mind, so I pulled out my notes and looked up the video and re-learned what it was talking about!
So allow me to lead you through these 3 steps to get you back to where God calls you to be. 
"So humble yourselves before God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8 Come close to God, and God will come close to you. Wash your hands, you sinners; purify your hearts, for your loyalty is divided between God and the world. 9 Let there be tears for what you have done. Let there be sorrow and deep grief. Let there be sadness instead of laughter, and gloom instead of joy. 10 Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up in honor." James 4:7-10
Lets break this down.
Step 1: Submit yourselves to God.
-Do you submit everything to Him in your life? Your choices, your words, your friends, your feelings, your goals, your dreams?? "Lord, is this what You want for me?"
Step 2: Resist the Devil and he will flee from you.
-Are there areas in your life where you are openly-yet obliviously inviting sin into your life? T.V. Shows, Movies, people,going certain places, habits? Not just resisting temptation, but resisting putting ourselves in positions where we know things could go wrong. Understand your weaknesses! 
Step 3: Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.
-Spend time in His Word. Spend time with His people-Go to Church! (it doesn't have to be my church-pray about where God wants you to go (Submit to Him!!) I was telling my sister a few weeks ago, We are like plants and God is the sun. If we aren't out soaking up everything He has for us and we're sitting somewhere in a closet- then we aren't growing in Him! Hebrew 10:25 says "Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another--and all the more as you see the Day approaching." Forget what the World tells you and listen to the living Word of God! We need each other. We need fellowship! Get in the Word. Spend time in His presence!


Father God, Help me to submit all of my self to you in full surrender so that I stay in Your will and grow in Your amazing Presence. I love You. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment