Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Rest

As I woke up this morning, I rolled over to my side, with my eyes still closed, and whispered, "Lord, this is the day that you have made. I will rejoice and be glad in it.". The sun immediately filtered through my window and lit up my room, reassuring me of God's almighty presence. I love when that happens. I desperately needed it today.. Well everyday actually.
After having an intense "cry out to Jesus" last night, I am resting in His promises of peace.
"Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30 NLT)
My prayers are that I completely surrender everything that I think I should need and trust in Him who knows everything that I do need, and His provision for those needs being met. I am created for His purpose and I have to trust that fully submitting to Him is the only way.

No comments:

Post a Comment