Thursday, February 23, 2012

Are you running circles or walking a straight path?

"But a heart that refuses to listen to the prompting of the Holy Spirit will not change, no matter how hard you pray."- Stormie Omartian

As I read this tonight, I felt compelled to share it.
How often do you pray your heart out for something that YOU want instead of what the Lord wants? You don't see any significant changes because it's not what God had in mind.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts, and your ways are not My ways.” [This is] the Lord’s declaration. “For as heaven is higher than earth, so My ways are higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts.”—Isaiah 55:8–9
If we continue to seek our own paths instead of the path the Spirit leads us down, I am afraid that we will only run in circles.
"in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight.". (Proverbs 3:6 NIV)
We were created for His purpose.. So let's glorify His great Name! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment