Monday, February 28, 2011

Being an "Activist for Jesus"

God has really been putting this on my heart these past few weeks so I decided to share it with you all!

People ,in general, always tend to fight for what they think is right or what is or is not needed in their communities. As I Christian, I pray that I can and will fight for what is REALLY important.. and that is being my "brother's keeper" so everyone will know the love of Jesus Christ.

Occasionally, I consider myself somewhat of an "activist". Elections and local issues- I am always right there on the scene trying to help get the word out and fix things. But when it comes to my faith.. am I out there working and pleading as hard for people to know Jesus as I am for people to vote against worldly issues? I'd like to think so.. but it is definitely not the case. I understand that jobs, homes, and communities are important.. But without Jesus they're NOTHING. I am not saying it is wrong to stand up for what you believe in.. But I am asking that you search your hearts and ask for God's direction.. and to simply step back and see which of the two you're putting more focus into: Serving your community.. or serving your God?

I pray that I will be more active in my faith and share God with as many people as He puts in my path! Thank You, Jesus! You are the ONLY thing worthy of praise.


No comments:

Post a Comment