Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I Must Go Through the Valley

My precious little baby girl got her first set of wheels today and I had so many mixed emotions! I hate to admit that I am not as strong as I'd like to be when it comes to hiding my emotions regarding my baby. I love her so much and want her to be as happy as can be (and she is-unless we rob her of a balloon or two lol)! I am so happy for her.. yet there is that bittersweet feeling of "I can't believe my baby is in a wheelchair".
Satan was working hard on me this afternoon as I watched her therapist and daddy set her up in her new stander. I could not help but cry. My friends were texting me telling me how happy I was supposed to be.. and I was.. but that devil would not leave me alone with depression and self-pity.
This afternoon, I was driving to Canton, and I was dwelling on everything that had happened and how horrible I felt for letting the devil push me around like that.. and then my ears suddenly tune into my car stereo and I hear:
"yes I must go through the valley to stand upon the mountain.. Yes i must go through the valley to stand upon the mountain.. YES I MUST GO THROUGH THE VALLEY to stand upon the mountian of God."
So then I started bawling my eyes out and continueously saying "Thank You Jesus!" and praising God.
I love how God is CONSTANTLY reminding me that He is with me.

1 comment: