Monday, March 7, 2011

JOY.

This past week has been one of those weeks where God has put so much in my path to remind me of one specific thing: Joy.

My devotionals, bibles studies, everything has either told me to have joy or reminded me of joy.

I love how He is so "hands-on" in my life. He puts things before me to build me up so that when I suffer a blow of some sort- I can easily handle it and remember Who is holding my hand.

I am doing a Bible study on facebook that Mark Hall (lead singer of Casting Crowns) is doing via facebook video everyday. And it has been a serious blessing. We are studying the book of James.

‎"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:2-4

That verse speaks to my heart on so many levels!

I have really been dwelling on it this past week.. and counting all of my blessings and taking joy in the trials that I have faced- because truth be told- I got through them all with Jesus' help! That perseverance did in fact strengthen my faith!

Yesterday, I got a little agitated by a news report that I saw about a little boy with Spina Bifida. His uncle had fabricated him some pretty awesome wheels out of a bumbo seat and some plastic tires. However, the reporter's words were "He smiles constantly.. though given what he's been through.. he has every reason NOT to.. He has Spina Bifida." That really got under my skin. I am sure she meant nothing by it.. but it still made me feel offended. Molli has EVERY reason to smile. She has a family who loves her, friends who adore her, and a Savior who died for her! How can we not smile?? How can we not have JOY?

Father God, I find so much joy in your love. Help me to spread that love and joy so that everyone will know You. I love You!

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! Molli has many many reason's to smile, as we all do. We all are blessed each day, but loving the Lord is just that enjoying the good, with the bad, the love, with the tears. We all need to quit letting satan beat us up so bad that we quit looking at all the good, and bad the Lord blesses us each day. satans way of "pulling the wool over his sheep eyes." Which has been a big struggle for me this week. Thank you Lord for opening my eyes, so that I may see!!!

    ReplyDelete