Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Godly Friends

I have really been praying that God put "Godly Friends" in my life so that I will have encouragement and fellowship in His sons name. I want to surround myself with people who are also seeking God's face the same as I am. Well, as I prayed my prayers last night and let God "have the floor" so I could be still and listen- He really put this on my heart:

In order to have Godly friendship- YOU must in fact GIVE Godly friendship.


Wow. He is so blunt! :-)

I need to demonstrate love, forgiveness, passion, and friendship to others so that they too will be encouraged to demonstrate it as well- That's when I will have those Godly friendships!

Matthew 5:16 In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

I am currently reading two Max Lucado books.. and one of them is Cast of Characters. He said that someone once challenged him to replace the word "love" with his name when reading 1 Corinthians 13. Instead of "Love is patient, love is kind.." "Mitzi is patient, Mitzi is kind.." and so on and so on. HA! Just as Max wasn't.. Mitzi isn't either! I need to work hard on making sure that MITZI is patient and kind and all the above before MITZI can expect the same from someone else! Jesus, however, IS all of those things.. and my main mission in life is to be like him.

Thank you FATHER for putting this revelation before me. You know my heart and you see my mind.. yet you STILL love me!


3 comments:

  1. Amen, its only human for us to put our expectations in people that will fail us miserably! Man will never amount to what God can do! Cast of Characters is such a great book! Happy reading and thanks for your posts

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh...sweet girl! I love your heart and passion for God.

    Amber is right, people will fail us (on accident even) miserably. I know you have faith and trust in God, and as long as you keep seeking after Him, everything will fall into place! It still amazes me to see His hand in action...don't know why I am still so surprised.

    I miss your sweet face! At least we have facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am eager about God growing our friendship! See you April 1st for sure.....right?

    ReplyDelete