Monday, August 22, 2011

Spare the rod.. Spoil the Child.

No. This isn't about child abuse.

Although I do believe in spanking.. this is not about me spanking my child.

It's about God "spanking" HIS.

And that child would be me.


Yesterday, at Sunday School, we were in Romans and James and we were discussing why we judge, why we gossip, and how wrong we are to do those things and why.

*SMACK!*

Romans 14:1
Accept the one whose faith is weak, without quarreling over disputable matters.

SMACK!

Romans 14:4
Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To their own master, servants stand or fall. And they will stand, for the Lord is able to make them stand.

SMACK!

Romans 14:10
You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister[a]? Or why do you treat them with contempt? For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat.

SMACK SMACK!

Yeah.. my head was reeling and my heart was pounding out of my chest.
Conviction. Conviction. Conviction.

BUT, with conviction, thanksgiving soon follows.

This morning, while praying and reading my bible in my car, God sent me to read out of Hebrews.

Hebrews 12:4-8
In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood. And have you completely forgotten this word of encouragement that addresses you as a father addresses his son? It says,
“My son, do not make light of the Lord’s discipline,
and do not lose heart when he rebukes you,
because the Lord disciplines the one he loves,
and he chastens everyone he accepts as his son.”

Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as his children. For what children are not disciplined by their father? If you are not disciplined—and everyone undergoes discipline—then you are not legitimate, not true sons and daughters at all.


WOW!!

I am so thankful for the spiritual "spanking" I received yesterday for two reasons:
1.) I needed to get my heart right and needed to know I was wrong.
2.) Confirmation. God IS listening and watching.. and I AM HIS CHILD.

I love Jesus.. Don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment