Monday, August 15, 2011

Jesus is Calling..

Sunday morning's message at church hit home.

I need to stop worrying about my husband, my family, and friends- and start focusing on my own relationship with Jesus. How often do they see Jesus in me that justifies me being bothered in not seeing Jesus in them? Not often enough, I am afraid.

If I put half the energy I use worrying over them back into working on my staying faithful to Him- I might start to see changes in those around me.

I was starting to go to bed a little while ago, but I felt the Spirit really tugging at me to go read my Jesus Calling- RIGHT THEN. So I went and prayed over it, acknowledged His voice, and began reading. I read of how important it was for me to get back into my early morning routine of seeking Him before I do anything else. And then I was reminded of the joy that I had in Him when I was faithfully committed to having quiet time with Him every early morning. So pretty much what I am saying is, He has been calling for my full attention again- and He has finally got it back. The passage in today's Jesus Calling says, "When you seek My Face in response to My Love-call, both of us are blessed."

I am so sorry for the times that I fail You, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment