Friday, September 23, 2011

Purpose.

Today I took Molli to Tyler to watch a movie. I had in my mind that it would be a good idea to go ahead and watch TWO movies. Uh, NO. She is two, by the way, and I suffer from "First Time Parent Syndrome" where everything is a good idea once or twice until you stumble into an epic fail! haha! Of course, I get agitated as we are leaving the theater because I just ate an $8.50 ticket for "The Lion King 3D". It wasn't entirely Molli's fault that we left.. I have bad eyes and motion sickness and a 3D movie is just not in the cards for this girl! As I drove home with my sleeping baby in the back seat, I started stressing about money and the cost of that ticket. I was frustrated and just letting Satan torment me about it. Then I started considering working. THEN, the Lord was so quick to remind me of His purpose for my life. I know that He gave me artistic abilities to utilize so that I am able to stay home and raise my daughter myself. If I wasn't with that sweet-faced little Blessing 24/7, I would miss so much! So when we got home, I devoted my afternoon to watching her merrily play in the yard. The weather was beautiful.. and so was she! God has put Molli and Me together.. and I am so thankful!




As I proofread this blog and these pictures, I got a great idea for a picture special! In the majority of the pictures I take, the children are posing. I like those kind of pictures.. but I LOVE the kind where they are just playing and being themselves.. Like the pictures of Molli on this post! So that is something that I am going to start offering.. me going and taking pictures of people/kids just being themselves.. forgetting there is even a camera pointed at them!

1 comment:

  1. That first time parent syndrome always creeps back in...even with four. I think maybe our expectations should remain high about God working but perhaps our expectations of our children and ourselvs should leave more room for grace. I got mad at mine too and then mad at self for getting mad! Ill pray your artistic ability will open doors for you!

    ReplyDelete