Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Pulling, Tugging, Listening, Obeying..

I have been dwelling on this post for a few days and decided to finally share it.

For starters, I have been praying a lot about my husband and for Jesus to make him want to lead our family and to put Christ first in his life as well as our marriage.

The Spirit lead me to 1 Peter 3:1
Wives, in the same way be submissive to your husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives

So then I piped down and decided to stop nagging my husband to go to church and I finally decided to let God handle this because I know that He has a plan for Ryan as does he for our family.

So I continued to pray and wait..

Things are slowly progressing.. but that's a good thing. Rome wasn't built in a day, right?

Fast forward to Sunday Morning
I am sitting in a combined Sunday School class listening to Mr. Milliorn talk about the Spirit leading you and the reason we were there that morning is because God called us and we listened and obeyed His calling. Then he gave his testimony of how and when he was saved. My heart was overwhelmed for him. I had tears behind my eyes ready to well up. It was such a wonderful, touching story to have heard on how God called him and impacted his life so greatly. I then began to think of my husband.. and I wished so much that He were there to hear that story. But then I reminded myself that God has a plan.
Then as I am in the sanctuary, the preacher's wife was saying her "Hi, how are yous" to me and then she asked if my husband were at work this week.. I guiltily looked down and shrugged "no.. He's at home.." then went back to my pew and started dwelling on the upcoming "Courageous Living" sermon that was about to be brought to us. I, once again, sat there wishing so much that Ryan was there. The music had started, I was staring at the projector screen, reading, and singing the hymns when suddenly a bible plopped down beside me and someone hurriedly sat down beside me.. IT WAS RYAN! Tears immediately filled my eyes. I said a prayer of thanksgiving and gave all of the glory to God who ever so deserves it. He listens. He SEES my heart. He knows this wretched soul inside and out.. but still He loves me.

The sermon was great, by the way. And when we got home from Church that day, Ryan told me of his "inconveniences" that he had that morning when he was trying to sleep in. Our glass door (which has always been a pain and needs to be fixed) came off the latch in the wind, so it was swinging and making all kinds of wretched noises, forcing him to get up (Kudos to God). And then He decided to come to church.

God is good all the time. All the time GOD IS GOOD.

1 comment:

  1. Yes he is! Sorry i didnt see him to say hi. Mitzi...I will be praying for you and ryan diligently this month. I miss walking...maybe when this toe swelling goes down! Hope your hair cut was fun.

    ReplyDelete