Monday, April 4, 2011

Quiet Time

This morning I got up at 6 to begin my day with my quiet time with the Lord. I usually stay up past midnight and have quiet time before I go to bed.. But I've learned by trial and error that that routine is just not working for me. Not knocking evening quiet times.. But I feel as though if I start my day with passionately praying over God's word and spending my first hour of the day in His presence- I am more likely to continue to meditate over his word throughout my day! Whereas, before, I went through my day occasionally praying but not having anything else to dwell on.

God is so faithful! I have been praying that he keep me in line and help me to stay faithful and as I am reading the Word he put before me:
Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving.
Colossians 4:2
It thundered really loud and powerfully! Normally I would have jumped and got scared.. But not this time! I embraced the fact that God was acknowledging my prayers and I could not stop thanking him!

I fully intent on continuing evening quiet times along with morning and I am so thankful to serve a Lord who always let's me know he is listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment