Monday, April 11, 2011

Compassion

I am so thankful for the Lord who hears my prayers. I pray that he change me and give me a heart like his and eyes that see what he sees. Over this past year, I look back and see how changed I really am.. and it just fills my heart up to the brim! I love the Lord for what he has done for me and TO me.

I have decided to sponsor a little boy from Tanzania named Pascal Emanuel Monyi through a Christian organization called Compassion. Each child gets only one sponsor and we are his. He is five years old and is about to have his 6th birthday in a couple of weeks. Now the old Mitzi, would not have cared much.. "Oh yeah.. how sad" and not think about it again. But the NEW Me can not get this child out of my head.. my heart breaks for him.. My maternal instincts want me to pick him up and rock him.. I feel LOVE for this child. I am really looking forward to the long-distance relationship my family and he will build.

here is a picture of him.. isn't he handsome??

No comments:

Post a Comment