Saturday, October 1, 2011

Clothed.

This week has been sort of hectic for me. Two trips to Dallas Love Field Airport can stress the body and nerves out. Sin after sin can stress the heart and soul out. Even hearing of sin can and will weaken one's (who cares) heart. So this week, I've had my fill of it all.
But, the joy of it all comes through my exhausted soul craving Jesus. 
As I dropped my husband off at the airport today and got back on a busy and hectic I-35 in Dallas, I kept telling myself (in spirit) "Wow. Jesus has me covered. I am so completely safe right now." I had no panic the whole way driving home with my screaming toddler in the back. I literally felt his calming, nurturing presence on me. Almost like a warm, cozy blanket which led me to thinking about the scripture in Romans 13:14 about clothing yourself in Christ. haha! I am not sure that's what my dear brother, Paul, was talking about (Actually feeling clothed in a warm Holy Spirit blanket) But that is what came to mind.
And as I dwelt on that, David Crowder was singing through my car speakers:
"Can I lie here in Your arms
Can I lie here in Your arms
My only calm is You
Save me

Can I lie here in Your arms
Can I lie here in Your arms
My only thought is You
Save me

Can I lie here in Your arms
Can I lie here in Your arms
My happiness is You
Save me

Oh how lovely this place
To be with You
To be with You

Oh the brightness of Your face
Here with You
Here with You"

It was so wonderful to be able to cruise around Dallas with my Jesus. haha! So wonderful that I couldn't wait to get home and spend more time with Him through reading His Word and prayer. 

This is what my Saturday night looks like tonight. A nice, cozy, candlelight evening with my Bible, Books, and Savior.


No comments:

Post a Comment